まずは、English Boot Camp’s Valueという、わたしたちが大切にしている価値観は以下です。
English Boot Camp teaches practical English communication skills for use in global community. We regard English as a tool. Participants achieving their personal goals by using English is more important than language acquisition itself, therefore:
1. We provide communication strategies, not simply the language itself.
2. In global society, communicating with diverse people is essential. Therefore, we provide the opportunity to practice awareness of different backgrounds and walks of life.
3. We support adaptation in communication. We encourage students to maintain their identities, while adapting to new environments and people, seeking commonalities and adjusting their communication based on the level of shared context between themselves and those they might encounter while out in the world.
4. . We believe spoken language is just one aspect of communication, and emphasize non-verbal communication skills such as the 5 tools (Loud confident voice, strong eye contact, gestures, smile, and passion).
5. We believe in Second Best English. Engaging in dialogue with limited vocabulary is better than building a perfect vocabulary and remaining silent.
6. We not only accept, but encourage mistakes. Mistakes become learning moments and help participants build the confidence to speak out.
7. Our program is based on English used in global environments, we do not carry assumptions of a single, authentic “native” English.
8. We value instructors solely based on their command of the English language and their ability to provide the quality of instruction we seek.
9. We believe in building a positive, energetic, and encouraging learning environment. English Boot Camp is a place for people to meet and grow, not simply an educational course.
そして、どのようなQualityを講師に求めるかを定めた”English Boot Camp Instructor Qualities”になります。
We Seek Instructors Who:
1. Strongly believe in and uphold the principles of GAL’s mission and Values, English Boot Camp’s Mission and Values, acting in accordance.
2. Respect other instructors, GAL staff, and students, as individuals.
3. Create a positive and energetic learning environment.
4. Love supporting and associating with students
5. Treats all program participants with dignity, as equals, and as adults in their manner of speech and behavior.
6. Do not speak negatively of program participants, staff, other instructors, or the program itself during program execution. Only uses criticism for constructive purposes.
7. Know the right level of “push” and can adjust to each student in order to maintain motivation while encouraging growth.
8. Are patient, and always encourage students to speak, rather than deliver answers themselves.
9. Provide thoughtful feedback that includes but is not limited to positive reinforcement. Gives participants encouragement and tools for improvement.
10. Support all fellow instructors throughout the program, forming a cohesive team.
11. Endeavor to improve their teaching skills and always strive for better.
12. Give feedback and suggestions to improve the program/learning environment.
13. Exhibit a high work ethic, behave as professionals, and comply with the rules.
14. Accommodate and try to meet our customers’ specific high expectation level.